Each school receives extra sports funding through Sports Pupil Premium.
In our school, this will amount to £9,810.
We intend to use the additional funding to improve confidence amongst staff in the delivery of high quality PE lessons across the school and ensure children have a very good understanding of healthy lifestyles.
We feel that this is the most effective and efficient way for the funding to have a long lasting and positive effect on future learning and physical development of children within our school.
The focus for the academic year 2016-2017 is:
- Collaboration with specialist teachers of Physical Education
- CPD for teaching staff to increase their range of skills focusing on delivering OAA
- Providing new resources/equipment for teaching OAA
- Increasing participation in school sport
- Buying into existing local sports networks
- Provide additional high quality swimming sessions
- Provide high quality coaching for the school football team
The impact will be measured by:
- A greater confidence in planning and delivery of high quality PE lessons
- A deeper understanding of the expectations of the new Primary PE curriculum, including a focus on fitness and health
- Increased participation in PE and Sport, including links to local clubs and organisations
- Organising activities for children and parents around the idea of "Change for Life", this includes healthy eating as well as the importance of physical fitness