Friends of Dulverton School
Friends of Dulverton School or FODS (Reg. Charity No. 1077469) are a very friendly, active and supportive group of parents/guardians, who run various fundraising projects and organise numerous events throughout the school year. Our big three events are the Summer Fun Day, Inflatables Day and the Christmas Fair plus School Discos, Magic Shows, Circus Events, Easter Extravaganza’s and much more!
Our main aim is to support and advance the education of pupils in the school by:
- Developing effective relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the school
- Engaging in activities or providing facilities or equipment which support the school and advance the education of the pupils
In addition to our events there are other ways to fundraise including:
- Easyfundraising– sign up and shop online through easyfundraising.org.uk at over 2000 companies and collect free donations from every purchase
- Company Match - A simple way of increasing the amount of money we raise. Companies pledge to donate a sum relating to the amount their employee donates to/or raises for FODS. Please ask your employer/HR if they are willing to Company Match at FODS events
- The Co-operative Community Membership scheme has selected FODS as one of their local Community Projects this year. They give 1% of what you spend on their products to community projects. Sign up and select us as the cause you give your 1% to. If you are not already a member you can pay £1 to join with a share in the Co-op and member benefits. Go to https://www.coop.co.uk/membership
- E&S Barbers – will donate £1 for every haircut when you hand in a FODS slip. Slips can be torn from the sheet in the FODS folder by the office and also get sent home from time to time
- SE9 Studios - Eltham based photography studio - Special offer for families of Dulverton School. Book a kids photoshoot party and save 5% off the regular price plus £5 donated to the school. Please visit www.se9studios.com and mention FODS when booking
The money raised is used for many things within the school. We are currently fundraising to build an outdoor multi-use games area (MUGA). We donated £10,000 to equip the Jubilee Building, provided an outdoor classroom plus: Philosophy Day Workshops funding, a storage unit for Nursery and Reception, DJ and Photographer for the Leavers Disco, Science Workshops, World Book Day theatre visit for all year groups as well as much more over the years.
How You Can Help
Every parent/guardian is a member of FODS. You can get involved by joining the committee, by volunteering at events, donating time, prizes or gifts, asking your employer to Company Match and most importantly supporting events by attending!
Please look out for our forthcoming events advertised through book bags, our notice board by the school gate, the school webpage, Parent Mail, posters and our Face book page www.facebook.com/friendsofdulverton.
You can contact us through any member of the FODS committee, leave us a message via the school office or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Facebook.
Dates for Your Diary
- Magic Night – Friday 26th January 2018
- Mother’s Day Stall – Friday 9th March 2018 - tbc
- Easter Egg Hunt – Thursday 29th March 2018 - tbc
- Film Night - May 2018 - tbc
- Family Fun & Inflatables Day – June 2018 - tbc
- Summer Disco – Friday 13th July 2018 - tbc
- FODS AGM - Friday 5th October 2018 - tbc
Regular FODS Committee Meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of each month at the New Eltham Social Club on Avery Hill Road. All parents/guardians are welcome so please join us and get involved in shaping and planning future events and activities. More hands make light work and we'd love to add in extra events throughout the year ... all ideas welcome!
Friends Of Dulverton School, Together Everyone Achieves More